Lipedema and Lymphedema
Lipedema Surgical Treatment
Yes, there is hope for those suffering with lipedema! Dr. Marcia Byrd, founder of the Lipedema Surgery Center, has developed the unique liposuction technique specifically to safely and effectively treat the pain and fat present in lipedema.
Lipedema liposuction surgery is the only procedure Dr. Marcia Byrd performs. She has dedicated her practice to treating lipedema patients and has performed thousands of successful surgeries.
Facts About Lipedema Liposuction Surgery
- It has been proven safe and effective.
- Water-Jet Assisted Liposuction (WAL) is the highly specialized technique used by Dr. Byrd.
- Performed by Dr. Byrd under local anesthesia providing more comfort and more flexibility, faster recovery.
- Preserves the delicate lymphatics to prevent lymphedema
- Insurance may now cover the surgery
Treatment for Lymphedema
Complex Decongestive Therapy (CDT) is the gold standard for treating lymphedema and consists of a decongestion phase, followed by a maintenance phase.
Treatment Options May Include:
- Exercise. Exercise helps to restore flexibility and strength, and it improves drainage. …
- Bandage. Wearing a customized compression sleeve or elastic bandage may help to prevent an accumulation of fluid.
- Arm pump. …
- Diet. …
- Keep the arm raised. …
- Infection Prevention.
While Dr. Byrd does not treat lymphedema, she can refer you to a lymphedema specialist.